- 1 box white cake mix, and ingredients it calls for
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 oz) packet Strawberry Jello
- 1 cup cold water
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed (or whipped topping)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Sliced Strawberries
- Bake cake according to box directions in a 9x13 pan.
- When cake is done, let cool for about 15 minutes.
- While cake is cooling, boil water in a medium sauce pan over medium heat on stove top.
- Add jello packet to boiling water and stir until jello is completely dissolved then stir in cold water.
- Using a fork, poke holes into cake. Pour jello evenly over the top of cake.
- Cover cake and place in fridge for 3 hours.
- Combine Cool Whip, powdered sugar and almond extract in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Spread evenly over the top of cake. Arrange sliced strawberries over the whipped topping as desired.