- 1 loaf brioche bread¹, cubed
- 3 Tbsp organic cane sugar, divided
- zest of one navel orange
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries²
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a baking dish with softened butter. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use your fingers to combine 2 Tbsp sugar with the orange zest until fragrant and completely incorporated. Stir in the salt followed by the eggs, whisking until smooth. Whisk in the crème fraîche, milk, and vanilla.
- Evenly arrange the brioche cubes in the prepared baking dish. Spoon the egg mixture over the bread, being sure to completely moisten the top layer.
- Top with the raspberries, and sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbsp sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until puffed and golden. Cover loosely with aluminum foil as needed, if the bread begins to brown too quickly.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for fifteen minutes, to set a bit before serving. Serve warm with a dusting of confectioners sugar or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.