- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs divided use
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 block) softened
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping (COOL WHIP) thawed
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple drained well
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Crush graham crackers. Also, drain crushed pineapple.
- Melt 1/2 cup (1 stick butter) in the microwave in a medium, microwave-safe bowl.
- Add 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs to the melted butter and stir until combined.
- Measure out 2 CUPS of the crumb mixture and press it firmly into the bottom of an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 square baking dish (whichever you have)
- Bake crumb mixture for about 8-10 minutes and then allow to cool completely.
- You'll have some crumb mixture (1/2 cup) left over. Just hang onto it because you'll need it for the topping.
- In a stand mixer (or using an electric mixer), beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy.
- If using a stand mixer, turn it down to low and add the powdered sugar slowly until it is all incorporated and smooth.
- Now add in a heaping tablespoon of the drained pineapple and give it a good stir.
- Next, spread the cream cheese mixture over the baked and cooled graham cracker crust.