- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil (don't skimp on the quality)
- 1 cup plain yogurt (low or full fat)
- zest and juice of a lemon
- 2 cups flour (all purpose or Jeanne's flour blend which we use all the time)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 large pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and flour a 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar for about 2 minutes. Add the olive oil, yogurt, lemon juice and zest and whisk again so that everything is well mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until the batter is smooth. (You can do this in a stand mixer if desired)
- Pour the mixture in the prepared baking pan. Place the pear slices on top and sprinkle with the walnuts. Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out free of crumbs. Let cool completely before slicing.