- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened to room temp.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar divided use
- 2 cups 1 pint heavy whipping cream*
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- Start by crushing the graham crackers into crumbs. I put about 10 graham cracker sheets into a ziploc bag then pounded them with a heavy object (like a rolling pin or flat meat tenderizer). You need enough to make 1 1/2 cups in crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter with graham cracker crumbs.
- Set aside 2 tbsp. of the crumbs (we'll use that for the topping.)
- Spread the rest of the crumbs into a 9x9 baking dish. Push down with your hands to make a flat layer.
- Next, combine softened cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar. This is easiest if you use a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer. Set this bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl (to make the whipped cream), combine the heavy whipping cream, 3 tbsp.