- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake: eggs, oil & water
- 1 15.75 oz can lemon pie filling
- 1 tub lemon flavored frosting
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping (COOL WHIP) thawed
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on the back of the box.
- Pour batter into baking dish.
- Place spoonfuls of lemon pie filling all over the batter.
- Take a knife and swirl it all around to help evenly distribute it better.
- Bake at 350F degrees (in center rack) for about 35-40 minutes until cake springs back to the touch and isn't jiggly in the center.
- Let cake cool completely before proceeding to the next step.
- In a bowl, combine lemon flavored frosting with whipped topping.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread frosting over cooled cake.