- 1 cup butter
- 1¾ cups sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and lemon zest together for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat an addition minute per egg.
- Add vanilla and mix in.
- In a separate large bowl, mix and combine dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients alternatively with the buttermilk to the butter/sugar/lemon zest/egg mixture. Fold in blueberries.
- Grease and flour either 2 large bread pans or 3 small bread pans.
- Pour batter and bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 min.
- Let loaves cool and pour glaze over them.