Earl Grey Lavender Cake
- 410g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 3/4 sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp earl grey tea, finely ground
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 400ml milk
- 2 tbsp earl grey lavender tea (alternatively, use 2 tbsp early grey tea and 1 tsp culinary lavender)
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp culinary lavender
- Few drops purple food colouring
- Earl Grey Lavender Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease four cake pans.
- In a small sauce pan, steep the earl grey lavender tea in the milk over medium heat. Once milk comes to a soft boil, remove the saucepan from the heat and let tea steep for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar together. Gradually add in the eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder, finely ground earl grey tea, and salt.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture and mix on slow to combine. Gradually pour in the milk and add in the remainder of the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.