- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup runny honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup high quality strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat 18 muffin tins with nonstick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, honey, vanilla, buttermilk, greek yogurt, and eggs until smooth. Add the flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and mix until just combined.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the strawberries, jam, and lemon zest. Gently fold the berries into the batter, being careful not to over mix, you are going for a swirled look.
4. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffins tins. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Serve the muffins warm or at room temp with a smear of butter. Enjoy!
Source: Honey Strawberry Muffins