- 3 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 cup butter frozen and grated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using the large holes on a box grater, grate the frozen butter.
- In a medium size bowl use a fork to toss together the flour and grated butter. Mix until there are no clumps and the butter is evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and 1/4 cup honey. Make a well and pour the milk and honey into the center of the flour.
- Using the same fork gradually mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until fully moistened.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and gently turn the dough a few times until it comes together and isn't sticky. Do not over flour. Pat or roll into an 8 x 8-inch square that is approximately 1-inch thick
- Use a sharp knife to cut into 9 or 12 equal portions.
- Separate the dough and place 2-inches apart on the pans. Brush the tops and sides with melted butter
- Bake for 12 minutes then increase to the broiler setting. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Mix 1 Tbsp of honey into the remaining melted butter. Brush the tops just before serving.
- Serve immediately.