- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp demerara sugar (or sanding sugar)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the puff pastry on a clean, lightly-floured work surface. Cut a rectangle about 7″ wide by 10″ long, or so that the puff-pastry is about 3/4″ wider than the pear slices on each side. Place the pastry on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, ginger, vanilla extract and cinnamon, mixing well. Using a pastry brush, generously brush the top of the puff pastry with the butter mixture. Leaving a 3/4″ border, layer the pear slices on top of the puff pastry, alternating directions to create a wave-like pattern.
- Brush the top of the pears with the remaining butter mixture, and sprinkle with the demerara sugar. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for at least ten minutes before slicing. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.