- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1¼ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cool whip, thawed to room temperature
- toasted coconut
- In medium sauce pan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add half and half and egg yolks and whisk until well combined. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute and remove from heat. Stir in butter, coconut and vanilla.
- Pour into medium bowl, cover with saran wrap directly on the filling itself to avoiding a sticky film on top. Let sit until cool.
- Once completely cool, stir in thawed cool whip and serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, teddy grahams.