- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons yeast*
- 3 overripe bananas mashed well
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 cup sprouted spelt flour
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups light spelt flour
- Coconut Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate*
- 1 cup coconut cream from the top of a full-fat can of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, add the warm water and maple syrup. Sprinkle the yeast over top and let it sit for fifteen minutes to activate the yeast. If it's not foaming up, throw your yeast out and get some new stuff.
- Stir in the mashed bananas, milk, maple syrup, salt, and vanilla powder. Add the sprouted spelt and stir with a wooden spoon or the stirring attachment on your mixer.
- Add the light spelt flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until it becomes too difficult, at which time you can turn it out onto a well floured surface and start kneading by hand. Use your dough hook for this step if you're using a mixer. Continue kneading and adding flour until a smooth, soft ball of dough forms. If it's too soft it'll be too hard to plait.