- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened [2 sticks]
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups roughly chopped pecan pieces
- 2/3 cup bits-o-brickle [English toffee bits]
- Additional bits-o-brickle for the tops [optional]
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the softened butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. until fluffy and light beige in color, around 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl periodically. After all of the flour has been added beat for 1 minute.
- Mix-in the pecan pieces and bits-o-brickle by hand until evenly distributed in the dough.
Source: Butter Pecan Cookies