- 1 15,25 oz golden butter or vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare. or homemade Old Fashioned Butter Cake
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles plus additional for garnishing
- 2 3.4 oz boxes cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 3 cups half & half or whole milk
- 2 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 16 oz Cool-Whip, thawed or 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream
- 6 Birthday cake Oreo cookies for garnishing optional
- Prepare the cake per the package instructions using a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Mix 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles into the batter by hand. Bake per the instructions and cool completely. Cut into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whip together both packages of pudding mix with 3 cups of half & half in a medium-size mixing bowl. Whip for 2 minutes or just until the pudding is beginning to thicken but is still pourable. Pour into another container. Set aside.
- In the same medium-size mixing bowl cream together the cream cheese with 2 cups whipped topping or fresh whipped cream. Whip just until combined.
- Add the pudding to the whipped creamed cheese mixture. Continue to whip on medium speed about 2 minutes or until smooth and fully combined.